Closing a sale is difficult; it is doubly difficult while doing it over the phone. Call center agents who do telesales may have encountered a lot of rejections while doing a sales pitch.
Every one of us have one way or another had an unfortunate experience of dealing with a pushy salesperson, whether on the phone or in a department store. Since you yourself resent the experience, you should remember not to recreate it for your prospects, lest you want your call to be rejected. If you were not appreciative of being pressured to buy, for sure no one will either.
Being a telemarketer or a telesales agent, there are some things to consider when you are making a sales pitch to a prospect. We will give you 10 helpful tips to make closing a sale a breeze for you.
1. Learn to respect the prospectís thoughts and opinions. If your purpose of calling a prospect is the payoff, you will definitely drive customers away. Most people stay away from accepting calls from telemarketers not because they donít have time, but the truth is they just do not appreciate how telemarketers pressure their prospects into buying a product or availing a service.
2. You should learn to be kind and considerate. If you come off as trying to help a prospect rather than just helping yourself close a sale, you will surely get a lot further.
3. Learn to subtly ask them a direct request. You should never be afraid to ask a prospect for their order.
4. Offer your prospect two options: tell them why they should buy the product or avail of a service, present to them the benefits. On the other hand, you can also tell them that if they pass up this opportunity, they will be missing out of on some great things.
5. Give them time to think. Never pressure them to make a decision right away. Remember that real persuasion does not need to be pushy. The decision to make a purchase or not solely belongs to the prospect.
6. You should make sure that you know everything there is to know about the product or service youíre selling. You should be able to answer a prospectís queries immediately. Prospects usually give their trust on a telesales agent who knows exactly what he is talking about.
7. You need to come off a good conversationalist. If you want to make a sale through phone, you need to be lively so as to sustain a prospectís interest. Most people live a busy life so you need to be able to make sure that your prospect stays interested in what you need to say.
8. It is important to build a good rapport with your prospect immediately at the start of the conversation.
9. Be a good listener. It is not just enough to hear what a prospect is telling you, it is more important that you listen and know how to read between the lines. Top sellers search for information, they listen, and they are good observers.
10. You should also be able to know when to let go. If you have been talking to a prospect for more than two minutes already and the conversation seem to be heading nowhere, you should take that as your cue that you wonít be able to close a sale with a particular prospect. Move on and dial the next prospect.
Many sales people have a real problem closing the sale. The reason is they fear the personal rejection. Upon examination, they have a better than 50% chance to close the sale. If they've done a credib
Anyone in the business of Internet marketing has probably seen
the phrase "marketing plan" over and over again. Unfortunately, a
lot of people seem to think that having a marketing plan is just
There are many factors and variables that affect our sales on any given day. There is however, one key skill that will increase help you increase your sales immediately.
Listen to your customer!
Let’s be realistic nobody really wants to be labeled a failure when it comes to sales, unfortunately many business minded people are just that when it comes to selling their product or service.